During week three I created the low poly house in the practical, and set up the plans for my three spaceships.
I'm beginning to remember to always change the primitive to an editable poly, and the low poly house really helped to show how the bevel tool could be useful in creating a lip around the top of the house.
I've really got to grips with adding in vertices and connecting them to be able to manipulate the shape exactly how I want to, and I'm pleased at how easy I found the tutorial.
I'm happy with how the house turned out, and while I did try (and fail) to add a sunny window to the front door (example: Stock Photo) I feel like I learned a lot from the exercise about the extent to which you can manipulate the editable poly. The connect tool and the collapse tool were especially useful, and I can already see how they're going to be useful in the coming weeks as I work on the spaceships further.



No comments:
Post a Comment