Feedback on Christopher Dean's blog ( http://starwarsanimationruskin.blogspot.co.uk/ )
I think the presentation of the blog is good, though the background image is slightly distracting. Lots of images are used which breaks up the text and makes it easier to digest and visualise, in addition to that it also - across several posts - shows the progression of the models, and how they are improved as the weeks go on.
I feel for an evaluative blog he may be describing his actions more than evaluating said actions a little too much, on the other hand it does show his overall progression as he does explain why he's done some things, and some of the thought processes behind it.
In Chris' week 5 post, I saw the way he modelled the engines seperately to the rest of the ship and then imported them. I'll keep this method in mind when I'm creating my models, however I do find it easier to see if something looks "right" by seeing it where it will be used, so on the other hand it may not be a very good fit for me personally. This was also why I liked how he showed pictures of the engines pre- and post- attachment, since it clearly demonstrated how he applied his method. In week 3's entry, I would have like to see at least one picture of his completed house, but this is just a minor nitpick.
Overall, I think Chris' blog is very good, so some recommendations I would give him would be to change the background slightly, and put in some more thoughts on his 'finished' products, and changes he's looking to make, or improvements he'd like.
No comments:
Post a Comment