Sunday, 1 November 2015

Week Five



Lambda

This week I started work on my Lambda shuttle, if only a very brief start. I created a rough body and head for the ship. To make the body, I used two cylinders and attached them to a box to get the rounded edges, and then I used the inset tool on the back to create a smaller face which I could pull out to make my own curve.







As you can see, this looked very blocky and I felt it wouldn't look that good so I used the MSmooth tool to smooth it around a little. I don't like the sheer amount of polygons it has added, but I think it looks better than the very blocky back on it. I think I may look to improve upon this later.






Tie Fighter




I also made a new simple tie fighter. I only created one wing and arm since I can use the mirror tool when its complete. I then worked on he detail on the panels of the wing, and the main window on the body. I'm actually really happy with how the window turned out, and my progress so far. I think the wings still look very bare though, so I'll have to add some more detail to the centre, and around the outside edge.











X-Wing

Finally for my X-Wing this week, I remade the body from scratch so it was perfectly symmetrical, and recreated the engine which I feel that I'd overcomplicated by using inset and extrude to create one long shape. Instead I now separated it into a couple of cylinders which not only looks better, but it allows me to shift them around a bit easier to find a good position for them.

Another thing that I've noticed that it makes such a difference when you change all the object colours to sort of the correct colours. I was very uneasy about how the whole ship looked until I changed the colours to grey (excuse the engine, as I was still working on it) and at that point it all sort of came together, and looked a lot nicer. It stopped me worrying a little bit also about how the finished ship would look.


No comments:

Post a Comment